Saturday, March 26, 2011

Brimming with Briolettes

Earlier this month I attended a bead show in my local area.  I really didn't intend on buying a lot, just some beads I was running low on.  Right...  Well, $500+ later....  I admit  went  a little crazy, but I did get what I needed and at great quality.  Faceted beads are really what I am getting into now- I just love the formal and sophisticated look, the sparkle they lend to finished pieces.

With some of my new stash I made some lovely briolette necklaces.  Variations on the theme of three briolettes on a handmade hammered fine silver ring, strung on a necklace, either silk cord, sterling chain, or a beaded strand using some of my lovely purchases.

Here are a few:
prasiolite and ruby choker

For this sparkly choker necklace I wire-wrapped three gemstone briolettes- prasiolite, natural ruby, and blue topaz. Then I attached them to a handmade hammered fine silver ring. I created a beaded necklace strand using faceted prasiolite and ruby briolettes, then attached the briolette charm to the center.

or...

prehnite garnet and citrine briolettes

For this charming necklace I wire-wrapped three gemstone briolettes- prehnite, garnet, and citrine. Then I attached them to a handmade hammered fine silver ring and strung it on an 18 inch sage green hand dyed silk cord with a sterling clasp.

how about:
amethyst ruby and iolite briolettes

For this sparkly necklace I wire-wrapped three gemstone briolettes- natural ruby, amethyst, and iolite. Then I attached them to a handmade hammered fine silver ring. I created a beaded necklace strand using amethyst and faceted iolite, then attached the briolette charm to the center. The necklace is about 16 inches long and has sterling findings.


I am loving the gems!!!!  Are you in love too?

Check out my shop at:  ScrapMetal

No comments:

Post a Comment