Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Etsy Gone Wild Site of the Week: Nanopod

Are you tired of any of the following jewelry trends on Etsy:
  • personalized stamped jewelry with obligatory Swarovski bicone?
  • lazily wrapped briolettes in shades of dusky browns and golds?
  • scrabble type resin pendants with cutesy pic and/or saying?
  • steampunk clockworks with some insect that inadvertently landed on it and got stuck?
(not that there's anything wrong with those trends...)

But, if you are tired of the same old, see this stunningly original artist on Etsy:  nanopod

Hey, I'm lovin' it, especially since I made a jellyfish themed necklace last month out of PMC, sterling sheet and wire.  But nanopod has so many intricate and wondrous pieces that evolve here, like this medusa- handmade glass cnidarian inside (see- my MS in teaching bio filters thru here):

 Although I'm not sure which biome (or planet) this evolved from,  I don't care because it's unbelievable gorgeous!!:

I'm thinking slime mold here, but I am not sure, but whatever it is it's spectacular!! (And it's a RING!!!- imagine this on your finger!!)

OMG, look at this next piece- I'll call it radar love because I don't know quite what else to call it!!
Pleae check out this site for some of the most inspiring pieces of jewelry art on Etsy!!  Are you as thrilled as I am about seeing such originality?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Addie!

    Thanks so much for blogging some of my work. It is much appreciated.
    You're bang on with the slime mold! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know a little biology!!!!

    ReplyDelete