Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Etsy Jewelry Site of the Week- BellaBijouJewellery

I'm really getting into cabochons (cabs) right now.  The lovely colors, patterns, and crystals enthrall me.  When I was little I bought a small guidebook on gems and minerals that was chock-full of pretty little inspirations from the earth.  It was one of my first forays into science (that and my favorite book on volcanoes!).  I was obsessed with finding gems, minerals, and fossils.  The only thing that bugged me was that most of the minerals could only be found in exotic locales, not New York State.  It's funny that this little book (now undoubtedly moldering in some landfill) propelled me into my vocation (science teaching) and my avocation (jewelry making). 

Well, back to the cabs.  I've been trying my hand at setting cabs in bezels, and although I've had some rough edges, literally and figuratively, I am loving them.  And here is an Etsian who also appears to love cabs:  bellabijoujewellery


Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got cabs in my tummy!  And her silverwork around the cabs is lovely as well. 

Check out this gorgeous ocean jasper:
She has some dramatic rings too, ones I cannot see myself wearing because the stones are so BIG, but I can look and drool, right?
God, I love drusy!!!!!  If someone wants to make me happy and keep me busy for a long time, just give me some drusies and I'll just sit and stare. 

So, are you impressed with bellabijou too?

No comments:

Post a Comment